Some of the topics include…Setting up your business including your business plan, brochures, websites, business cards, financial and legal information, insurance, start-up costs and more. You’ll also learn about how to set your fees including how to set your hourly rate, set up your packages and for those of you going into the corporate world, you’ll learn a great math formula that will help you figure out your monthly service rate.
Description: A certificate course designed to teach you how to start a successful independent concierge and/or lifestyle management business. To receive the certificate, participants will be required to pass a test.
Length: 35 modules that are approximately 30 minutes each in length and jam-packed with information. It takes about 9 hours to complete, not including the time to read the three (3) books included in the class.
Software Requirements: None. The class is hosted by a company called Digital Chalk and it supports all computers including PC’s and Apple products.
Format: Pre-recorded video presentations with PowerPoint. This course can be taken at your leisure.
What services should you provide?
Katharine will go over at least 52 of them, and the logistics behind doing it. She’ll go over all aspects of targeting the corporate world including business proposal and logistics. Plus you’ll learn all about opening a lobby concierge business. Thinking of starting small? Katharine will talk about that as well.
What are the logistics of actually running this business?
You'll learn how to design your logistic scripts so that you know EXACTLY how you are going to do each service you provide. Katharine also discusses how to set up your service vendors - also called your business referral network. You’ll learn how to set it up, where to find them, how to interview them and how to get them to pay you a commission!
You’ll also learn about how to set up your staff, how to write a business proposal, and how to sell and market your new business. From A to Z, Katharine talks about it all.
PLUS we have included our Front Line Training Course! An information heavy class that will show you how to offer service that goes above and beyond your competition. Plus, delivering service at the highest level will make your customers happy so they come back and use your service again and again.
What makes us different? Katharine.
Katharine has been showing people how to be a concierge since 1998. She has this amazing ability that inspires you and your team to perform at the highest level possible. Katharine delivers her training in an environment that encourages everyone attending to embrace a positive path.
In fact, there is so much information that you will look like a deer in headlights by the end of the course.
- A Brief History of the Concierge Business
- What skills or experience do you need to become a successful concierge?
- Insurance Issues, Legal Issues, naming your company and logo, creating your brochure, website, business cards, accounting, and financial requirements and setting up your office.
- Database and software
- Niche marketing – Who are you marketing to?
- Learn about the different types of concierge companies. From Individuals to corporate to lobby concierge services.
- Everything you ever wanted to know about how to set your fees, Service Area and Hours
- How to set your fees if you are a corporate concierge service
- How to set your fees if you are a lobby concierge service
- How is the client going to pay for the services?
- Different services that you can offer and the logistics behind them\
- How is the client going to pay for the service?
- Your support staff and where to find them
- The Logistics of the Lobby Concierge
- The Logistics of the Corporate Concierge
- Business Proposals
- Service Vendors – how to set up your preferred service vendors and receive commissions. Where to find them and how to interview them.
- International Protocol
- How to work with Celebrities
- The Media
- Customer Service
- Sales, Marketing and Customer Service Tips including your sales presentation and 30-second elevator speech
- Social Media and SEO tips
- How to go above and beyond and offer outstanding service
- Manners and business etiquette
- Speech — What to Say and How to Say it – productive versus non-productive words
- Professional Image – how to dress and act
- Body Language and Nonverbal Communication (including your tone of voice)
- Communications Skills
- What to do (and not do) at your desk/station
- Email and telephone etiquette
- International Protocol
- Internal Customer Service
- How to Present a Positive Attitude
- Dealing with angry people and difficult situations
- You need to be healthy in body/mind/spirit so you can present your best to your clients and/or guests
Is the class applicable for companies outside of the United States?
Yes it is. Although the business start-up information is geared for an American company (Tax ID, company formation, etc..) the majority of the class is universal and applies to everyone.
This package includes...
Everything in the Silver package plus…
- Ebook –The Concierge Manual
- Ebook – The Concierge Manual Workbook
- Ebook – Going Above and Beyond
- Four (4) Contracts including Multi-Use Client Contract, Service Vendor Agreement, Non-disclosure agreement and Meeting/Event Planning Agreement
- List of Concierge Insurance Providers
- List of Concierge Software
- List of Resources that includes helpful websites, articles and statistics
- FREE GIFT! Please enjoy my latest book Rainbows and Banana Peels as my gift to you. The EBook version is embedded within the class
- Priority email support